Things you may need to do before moving day…
- Book the movers.
- Arrange for house insurance.
- Arrange to have utilities read the day of closing: e.g. natural gas, propane, oil, municipal water, and electricity. (do this about 2 weeks prior to closing date)
- Arrange to have your name added/removed from the utility bills.
- Arrange to have your name added/removed for any rental equipment: e.g. water heater, water softener, furnace, and security system.
- Arrange to have your name added/removed for any services: e.g. telephone, cable, satellite, and internet provider.
- Go to post office to arrange for changes and forwarding.
- Collect items out for cleaning, repair or storage: e.g. dry cleaners, appliances, jewelry
- Inform bank of address change.
- Check for items in safety deposit boxes.
- Arrange for transfer of medical, dental and optical records.
- Change address for driver’s license, health card, vehicle registration, vehicle insurance, credit cards, subscriptions
- Make arrangements to move perishable items: e.g. plants.
- Make arrangements to move pets.